Jul 8, 2008

Painful Appreciation?

What the....??? I've been in resistance today about shifting my pain fascination. When I use the word fascination it's to say that my unconscious is totally mezmerized by pain. How do I know this? Because I experience physical pain everyday to varying degrees. I'm scared to out that, I feel like a big baby saying that, and I have the judgement that I'm not much of a Love Coach if I can't even move through my own pattern of pain.

So all of those are really cute stories and they keep me stuck in my pain. So I'm outing myself as a victim to my pain. I feel angry and scared and sad about it. It's up for me right now in a big way. I've been creating some complications with my eyes, that express themselves in vision loss, aching eyeballs (weird right?), and headaches. And I say that I've created them because no one else has done that but me. Yay! Look what a powerful creator I am. Anywhoooo....I'd like to clean this up in my life. So the first step for me is to acknowledge that it's there. And now I'd like to appreciate my body, specifically my eyes, for communicating so loudly to me that they'd like some specific attention. I'm not sure what the attention is yet, but I am listening more closely. Next I take responsibility. I have been committed to the fascination of pain. And now I make a new commitment.... I commit to listening to my body with more gentle acknowledgment and appreciation and I commit to learning how to reorganize my body so that it/I can feel good.

Are you experiencing any discomfort in your body? Do you have any negative judgements about your body? What can you appreciate about it right now? What can you genuinely love about your body right now.

I appreciate all of the magical and beautiful things that I have been able to SEE in my life. I appreciate that my eyes are so open to experiencing life to the fullest. My eyes have been beddy, beddy good to me.

Hope to see you Thursday night at The Appreciation Circle!
Mary

1 comment:

~Karen Michelle Bayard~ said...

Thanks for your post. Yesterday I was having feelings of anger and sadness about my inability to get "my food thing" right. LOL. I judged myself to be a poor food and movement genius because I am overweight and felt lost on the food journey. Story. I breathed and gave myself room to feel my feelings and then realized that BECAUSE of my journey and feelings, BECAUSE of my commitment to wellness, BECAUSE of where I have been, AM and where I want to go...being a food and movement facilitator is a PERFECT fit for me. I found myself feeling beautiful. I went to Lifeskills last night with a willingness to hear what wanted to be heard and the class felt as thoug it was catered just to my precious little ears. Wonderful!

Today I am playing (not list making, worrying or being overly concerned about my body...) and have been asked to do a big food job and discuss creating a line of baby food. SWEET!

If you are open to feedback: What came to me when I read your post...the eyes....1. is there something (perhaps right in front of you) that you are unwilling/ unable to see)? 2. Is your "focus" being drawn away from an area that truly neds your attention (your health, your creativity) as opposed to the other stories running?